Friday, February 29, 2008

Happy Leap Day!


Todayonly happens every 4 years so we should take advantage of this opportunity for 1 more day. Hope everyone Leaps into the day with enthusiasm. Actually I am feeling kind of tired, can't wait for the weekend, so glad it is Friday. Then I read a blog about it being Leap day, take advantage of it. Oh yeah, it gave me a whole new perspective on the day. Tradition is that it is the day the woman can ask the man to marry her, date her, love her - whatever. But why not think of it as a gift - another day other than the 365 we always get to live, love, learn and just BE. I hope that sparks some ethusiasm into the day for others as it did for me.
Now I need to do something special to mark this special day. Don't know what that is yet. I'll let you know what came up in a future blog. Maybe a new bead idea??? My beadmaking has slowed down since I've gotten back from Tucson. My parents have not been in the best of health and I've had to step in and pay more attention. My daughter and I have gone over there a few times to make sure they have lunch, easy food to prepare in the refrigerator and check on them. This is another reason why I feel extra keen about living another extra day. My parents are in their mid-80's and I feel so lucky to still have them in my life. They've seen their granddaughter happily married, they have great grandchildren now who love them to pieces. How great is that? Ok I'm getting a little sappy here - yes I need a new bead - a new LEAP on life!
Have a great day everyone!

No comments: