Sunday, April 13, 2008

Very Little Progress!

I am still sick! Two weeks now. I made it through work this week but left early every day but Thursday. Friday was the worst. I am just very congested and feel weak. I am working through a mucous fog. I have also decided to challenge myself at work and get rid of paper files. It's a digital world and I've embraced it in every way except my job files. So I got a 160 gig external hard drive and all my working files are on it. I realize that my project list must now become my bible because I no longer have files sitting on my desk to remind me that something needs to be done. I think it is going to be good - let's wait and see.

While being sick I have not been able to do much so I sit in front of the TV in bed at night in my mucous fog and work on a baby blanket I am knitting for my daughter's sister-in-law. I saw a woman on
the train making this blanket and really liked the pattern alot. She copied it off for me. Since Selena does not want to know whether she is having a girl or a boy I picked pale yellow. One is solid and one has speckles. It's knitted on large needles so it goes fast and it is very soft and snuggly. Maybe I should make a big one for me! Right now i need soft and snuggly.

Beads are going slow because I don't have the energy. Yesterday I painted some more images and fired them last night. Very disappointing but I am learning alot. I am taking 2 steps forward and 1 step back but that means I am making a little progress. I don't want to post a picture yet until I have a winner. I am not going to give up on this. I am just not use to it taking so long to get something that I like. I just keep telling myself it will be worth it.

Enough of my babbling for now if there is even anybody out there reading this. I kind of like keeping this activity journal - wish it was more creative and would like to improve my writing style to be more like a story. But I also feel that I need pictures with every post so that is why there are such lag time in between. I am keeping a painted bead journal though to note my progress and what I am learning. Can't wait until I finally have it down. I'll keep you posted!

No comments: