Friday, April 4, 2008

Ah-Ah-Ah-Ah Choooooooo


I'm sick! I've been fighting a cold for 2 weeks and finally on Tuesday I got up with a very sore throat. Went to work and my throat was so sore that by afternoon I put my phone on forward so I didn't have to talk. I'm a grumpy mess when I'm sick. I stayed home on Wednesday and I'm still home today! I start to feel a little better and I think - I feel better I can go in - then I start to feel sick again. So psyched out. There's alot I could do around the house, heavens just picking up after myself would be a good thing. But i"m like the picture I'm posting. Just shutup and read my book, go through a box or two of kleenex.

I'm actually grateful I caught this cold because I found out what is wrong with my dog. It's called reverse sneezing. I was looking for a good sneezing picture and came across "my dog sneezes alot". Wow so does my dog! Ane he does this funny hacking thing that can go on for a while. Well that is reverse sneezing. I freaked out the first few times but now I know just to calm him down and rub his chest. i'm trying some new natural drops to see if that helps them go away. According to the article it is not life threatening but every time he does it I think "how do you give mouth to mouth to a dog????"Of course I asked the vet about it and he didn't know what it was. I didn't think the vet was very good now I know for sure he's not. That will be my test for a decent vet.

I haven't been able to make a bead with my sun painting yet. I'm so anxious but I don't want to screw it up! So I'll wait until I can feel comfortable at the torch. If I can't go to work I can't make beads - or is that my Catholic guilt talking? I've got more ideas running through my head. I thought maybe I'd do some line work getting ready to paint. But if I can't go to work I can't work on beads! Guilt - guilt- guilt.

I keep thinking I am a whoss (spelling?) for staying home but my mind is befuddled truly, I won't get brownie points for being in while sick, anything I do I probably will have to redo, I don't have a pressing deadline that I know of, of course my emails are over their limit so I can't send emails (don't get me started on that one, so annoying!), and lastly I think I could give this to 4 or 5 people just by looking at them. So guilt or no guilt I'll opt to stay home. Maybe I'll go in over the weekend. Guilt - guilt - guilt.

1 comment:

Jackie Mixon said...
This comment has been removed by the author.