Sunday, December 2, 2007

I'm Sorry Blog

I promised myself I would be consistent and I haven't been. I wanted to put a picture everytime I post and didn't have pictures so I didn't post. Well now I'm not going to worry about pictures. My Thanksgiving was not so good - I have a very disfunctional family stemming from my mother. She's 86 and her body is giving out but up until now her brain was ok. Now she is starting to get confused. One of my brothers lives at home which is now a good thing as he can watch out for them. My stepfather (referred to as my Dad) is 87. So Bill takes care of the place for them. He's not the best about taking care of them though. Anyway we had Thanksgiving at their house and I planned to cook. I told my mother she could make the stuffing and mashed potatoes (thinking that gave her something to do and wasn't too hard). She didn't buy celery and didn't chop onions for the stuffing. I put the turkey in the oven at 11 am. It was ready at 2 pm. I told her I would take the turkey out to rest and put the stuffing and green bean casserole in the oven at that time. So she proceeds to heat the stuffing on the stove and burn it. She would not sit down was in the kitchen the whole time. I told her I would bring the pies and if I didn't bake from scratch I would get them at Marie Callendars. I baked 2 from scratch. So when I got there and took out the pies she said - Oh I bought a pie. Now I couldn't have been more clear. The worse part though is that by the end of the evening she was exhausted - 6 pm. She never sat down to enjoy the company and her great grandchildren. She complained about my brother the whole time. It was awful! So Christmas is coming my goal is to just enjoy being with my family just once in my lifetime! It doesn't look promising! So I've told my daughter no food we'll go over at 2pm stay to exchange presents and leave. My husband has passed away I have my parents, my brothers, my daughter, 2 granddaughters, son-in-law. So now my Christmas will be kind of bleak because I won't have a Christmas dinner. My daughter will go to her mother-in-laws who treats me with disdain so I don't want to go there for dinner. I'd rather just be with my dog! Oh well at least I have a family and they are in fairly good health. Sorry for the rant but I needed to get it out! The fun will be in the early morning. I will drive to my daughter's (an hours drive from my house). Watch my granddaughter open gifts. She's 2-1/2 and is a barrel of fun now. I think she might understand this year. They have a baby who will be 4 months old so she's too new to know what is going on.

BEADS - I'm going to take pictures today if it's the last thing I do. I wanted to make beads too. I put the propane tank outside the window finally and feel better about it although I haven't connected it yet. Hope to do that today. Something is blocking me from the studio lately. I think once I start I'll be fine.
stay tuned for more.

No comments: