Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Tips Tuesday - Keeping Track of Colors

I use to keep track of colors on notecards in the hopes that I would keep a file. That didn't happen I just had notecards everywhere. I was reading a blog from a "Journaling" artist who talked about keeping a daily journal with ideas, scraps of interesting info, scraps of colors, etc. What a great idea. Mine is no where near as colorful or interesting as hers but all the same it is 1 journal for everything! My to do list, the list of what is in my display case (the suitcase that holds my bead display set up for shows), blog topics, bead names, color combinations, etc. I glue any note scrap down in this book so I don't have notes all over the place anymore. It's working so far - but I forgot it today and left it on my studio work bench! I even make a quick note in the margin for category - I think I should highlight the categories that would also help me find stuff. I am going to post this blog now but when I get home I'll try to take a picture and post it with this blog. Color is everywhere and so are ideas.

I don't know about your Muse but mine plays tricks on me and sends me down too many paths at once! I think I should make a muse bead - there I go and no journal in sight!

No comments: