Monday, September 17, 2007

ISGB SO CAL FLAME SURFERS MEETING


Although Saturday is but a distant memory I thought I'd share with you the ISGB So Cal Flame Surfers meeting held at Winship Designs in Torrance, CA. Winship is in an industrial center kind of like a big warehouse. They specialize mostly in boro glass. Meeting was interesting though. We always have business, then a fun raffle, a bead exchange, a buffet lunch and a guest demonstrator. I actually won the coffee mug pictured here! I never win anything and although I didn't win the pound of ASK glass the mug was a nice surprise. The bead exchange was based on a fall theme. I gave away a couple of my pumpkin beads. The girl that won them was happy with them which always makes you feel good. I won a very whimsical set of Halloween beads - candy corn, ghosts and a witch hat (sorry I forgot to take a picture. I'll try to take a picture soon and show them another time). Very cute though! We had a great turkey chili and lots of salad for lunch. Of course there were many dessert choices - since I can't have sugar none of them were for me! I did eat 2 grapes and boy did they taste great! The demonstration was done by Joe Rooks and his friend (never got his name, nor could I tell what he was making). Joe did some sort of implosion piece out of boro. He really never explained what he was doing and it was actually a little boring. Sorry boro boys! Our next meeting will be in December. The Christmas meeting is very fun. Lots of great raffles, good food, fun Christmas bead exchange and our guest demonstrator will be Sharon Peters who is always entertaining!

No comments: