Monday, September 24, 2007

Open House at Pacific Art Glass



This past weekend was the Pacific Art Glass Open House and Sale. What a fun time! John Williams sure knows how to put on an event. The sale started on Thursday in the hopes that by Saturday and Sunday the people who wanted to hang out, watch demos and talk glass would come and visit. And they did! Cathy McNassar and myself demonstrated lampworking. Rich was making marbles with soft glass. There were a couple of glass blowers - glory hole and all! Plus some other demonstrations as well. All as related to glass. John served lunch and on-going soft drinks throughout the day. I really had a good time. Cathy and I split torch time and demonstrated some interesting techniques. John held a raffle both days. I won some great dichro frit from CBS which I gave to Cathy because she is the fuser and works with bullseye. My glass is usually effetre. After two days I was exhausted! I went to work today to recover! Oh and the best part sunday noight I went to my daughter's house to pick up my new lap top (really excited) and of course to kiss my two grandbabies.

2 comments:

Bernadette Fuentes said...

Sounds like you had a great time!! The glass sunflowers hanging form the ceiling are great.

Daniel said...

Nice photos Jackie. I like how you have them layed out.

dfc